Sharing media files with Harman Kardon Hs210 mediacenter

Thread: Sharing media files with Harman Kardon Hs210 mediacenter

Sharing media files with Harman Kardon Hs210 mediacenter

Hi, I am not sure whether this forum is the right spot for my problem.
    let's try. I have a network consisting of a router lw050 from Sweex with a XP Pro computer connected by ethernet. This machine acts as file and printer server in the network. Additional there are a XP machine and a Win 7 laptop connected wireless. Further there is a mediacenter Harman Kardon HS210 connected with ethernet. Al computers work together well and I am able to play all mediafiles on the network with the HK mediacenter. The issue I am facing is the followong. The server normally goes in hybernation after 15 minutes idle. After I wake up this machine, the Mediacenter has no right to read the mediafiles on the the fileserver. When I restart the server the access rights are OK and the mediacenter can play everything.
    Add info. The fileserver has a password protected account because I use remote desktop from my laptop to acces the desktop of the fileserver.
    How can I arrange the settings that my mediacenter can read the media files after resuming from hybernation of the fileserver?

If I have to break down the problem further please let me know.

I hope to get an answer on this issue.

Tnx in advance Wim

This is not a networking issue. This is an issue with the system drivers and how it is incorrectly handling the recovery from hibernation. The possible options to consider may be:

- Check BIOS settings for possibly alternative settings/options
    - Contact the system/motherboard manufacturer for updated drivers
    - Consider sleep instead of hibernation
    - Consider other power management options (e.g. shutting down the display and spinning down the hard drive(s)) vs. sleep/hibernation
    Last edited by cszeto; 07-02-2011 at 02:43 AM.
    Microsoft MVP (2004 through 2008)

Thank you for your advise. I see that I have quit some outdated drivers on board so I start doing some updating. When I am finished I will inform you about results with adjusting power management.
    Wim

Sharing your results is definitely welcomed!

Well It took a while but I did an update on several drivers on my computer and the connection between my mediacenter and the server is stable now. I cannot identify which driver caused the trouble since four drivers were updated in one move. All had to do with motherboard chipset and network devices. i experienced an instable connection after this update, but the load on the system is so little when playing music files from the external drive on which these files are located. After disabling going to sleep the connection worked reliable.
    So thanks for the advise.
    Wim

Thank you for the excellent follow-up!