Unable to access shared resources on one computer in home network.

Thread: Unable to access shared resources on one computer in home network.

Unable to access shared resources on one computer in home network.

Hello,

I've just set up a home network and am having issues with one of the computers. There are three machines, all running Windows XP sp 2. One has a wired ethernet connection to the wireless router, which is in turn conencted to the cable internet, and the other two machines have USB wireless NICs. The wireless connections are all good, all three machines can access the internet with no problems, and all can ping each other by both IP address and computer name.

Two of the computers seem to be working just fine as far as sharing folders and printers is concerned. The third, however, can access the shared resources on the first two with no problem, but the latter cannot access the shared resources on the former. When I go to Run on either of the first two and type in "\\" followed by the IP address or computer name of the third, I get this error: http://www.mermaid-productions.com/m..._error_msg.jpg

So there seems to be some sort of permissions problem, but as far as I can tell I've got all 3 machines set up the same. I can't find what exactly is causing the issue, or what setting(s) need(s) to be changed. Can anyone shed some light?

Many thanks.

Microsoft MVP (2004 through 2008)