Strong Wifi signal, but unable to connect

Thread: Strong Wifi signal, but unable to connect

Strong Wifi signal, but unable to connect

I used verizion wifi signal, and it worked good. Then one day it stopped working. In My linksys wusb11 card it says the connection is 74% but when i press connect, nothing happens. It says unable to communicate to access point. On windows wireless config, it comes up every time i scan, and it has alot of bars, but nothing happens when i press connect. It is the same thing for both my dell wireless card, and the linksys one. Also, the network has no encryption, so i dont know why it simply stopped working.

They are turning them off I hear ?
    http://blog.tmcnet.com/telecom-crm/a...-in-gotham.asp

Greenstead
    Only Human.

TCP/IP File Sharing Checklist

Wireless a/b/g

If you are waiting a reply from me and none appears, Personal Message me to get my attention.
    Note: My views are based on my personal experience and do not represent practicallynetworked.com

No its not that. Its from the nieghbors.

I use net stumbler and the signal is very high. Even with windows xp wireless zero config, when i scan for signal, the verizion internet shows up, but it does not connect. It dores not even show if it is attempting to aqquire the network address or anything. It is very wierd. About last week, i put on my laptop, and bam it was working for somereason. And then it worked fine four 4 days, and now its back to not being able to connect even though the signal is dthere.